Become a Washington CoastSaver-Volunteer!
Thousands of volunteers show up and help remove several tons of marine debris from Washington’s Pacific Coast and the Strait of Juan de Fuca each year. Volunteer for one of our cleanups and help get marine debris off our beaches. You can help with:
- Running the volunteer registration check-in tables
- Transporting collected debris to local dump sites
- Holding after-cleanup BBQ celebrations
Please consider joining us for an upcoming cleanup:
- The next Washington Coast Cleanup will be held on Saturday, April 22nd 2023. Registration will open on March 21st. This Earth Day cleanup has a long and productive history of cleaning the entire coast of Washington dating back to at least 2007.
- The International Coast Cleanup typically takes place the third weekend in September. This year’s ICC will take place on Saturday, September 16th, 2023. Registration for this worldwide cleanup typically opens in mid-August.
- The July 5th cleanup is an important day to cleanup our beaches. Many people celebrate the 4th of July by setting off fireworks on our coastal beaches, leaving lots of trash and plastic debris. Ocean Shores and the Long Beach Peninsula will be hosting cleanups around 8 AM on the 5th. Stop by, grab a bag, and help our coast!
And of course, when you visit the coast please collect as much debris as you like. But don’t leave your collected debris on the beach. Take everything you collect back to a roadside dumpster or to your home’s garbage/recycling.
If you are a teacher, a community activist, or just someone who really cares, we could really use your help designing and implementing our programs. For more information, please email us at Coordinator@CoastSavers.org.